[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tekla and Charlotte

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 20 18:53:05 PDT 2006

    Thekla (often spelled Tekla) became popular as a first name through Schiller's drama "Wallenstein".  In the drama Thekla was the daughter of the general Theokla, one of the first Christians at the time of Paul.
    This doesn't answer your question Rose however I don't think Tekla and Charlotte are connected.  I have encountered Tekla and Thekla several times in the Lodz, records, with never a hint of a connection with the name Charlotte.

John Marsch

  Recently I have been looking at film 729253 (civil) Catholic records in
  Gostynin parish.  On two different birth records for different families the
  mother's name is shown as Tekla.  Other birth records have the name
  Charlotte.

  Does anyone know if they are the same name  Polish - German.  The reference
  book I have does not help.

  Rose Ingram