[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ROSE INGRAM Tekla and Charlotte

Otto otto at schienke.com
Thu Apr 20 19:44:17 PDT 2006

Evening Rose,
Greek it is.

The URLS are useful.

Charlotte + Tekla - May have been a first and second given name?
Romantic. . . perhaps a literate family, aura of von Goethe and
Schiller over the same person.

Tekla [Greek Thékla; also adapted into Russian as Fekla]
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/walraven/polish/

http://www.sca.org/heraldry/paul/

http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/earlyportuguese.html

On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:24 PM, Rose Ingram wrote:

> Recently I have been looking at film 729253 (civil) Catholic
> records in
> Gostynin parish.  On two different birth records for different
> families the
> mother's name is shown as Tekla.  Other birth records have the name
> Charlotte.
>
> Does anyone know if they are the same name  Polish - German.  The
> reference
> book I have does not help.
>
> Rose Ingram
. . .  Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of March 5, 2006
                         "Remove what isn't... What is remains."