[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] how many of us were there?

Mike McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 21 06:36:58 PDT 2006

I've noticed that in 19th century and earlier birth rate for a woman of
child bearing age seems to be about 18 to 24 months. I've also read that
somewhere. In the upper Vistula parishes I've look at the number of births
which seemed to be about 300/year.  It would seem to me that should be
possible to calculate the rough population from that. Given that there were
no plagues or wars. Also you could make some inferences about migrations. A
static declining suggests migration away. A growing birth rate indicates
migration to. Do we have an expert in demographics among us?

                                        Mike