[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] help

Joan Meyer jmeyer at accesscomm.ca
Mon Apr 24 20:38:52 PDT 2006

I am wondering the same thing.  My greatgrandparents arrived in Winnipeg in
April of 1892. What did they do for the two years before they opened
homestead at Lemberg, Saskatchewan in April of 1894? I have suspected that
they worked on the Mennonite Reserves just south of Winnipeg because on the
marriage certificate of their oldest son who stayed in Hamburg he states his
parents address was Rosenthal, Canada, and when their next son arrived in
Canada around New Years 1893 his destination was Plum Coulee. The puzzling
thing to me is that my grandfather never once talked about working in
Manitoba for those two years. Sure would like to find some evidence of their
stay there. Joan