[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nell "Schemion-eck" @ Simeon's castle?

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Thu Apr 27 16:30:19 PDT 2006

Günther Böhm schrieb:

> The name SIEMION has 866 hits, centered in the suwalskie (Suwalki) and
> bialostockie (Bialystok) wojewodztwa in northeastern Poland and
> followed by the lubelskie (Lublin again).

Hello Nell & Otto,
a look into the IGI shows the earliest (Woytek) SCHEMIONEK to come from
or at least to have married in Marggrabowa (Olecko) which is just 35 km
west of Suwalki. So I think, we've got the origin. His spouse was Zuchna
NIKODEMOWNA, her name a Russian patronymic from Nikodem.

Guenther