[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pronounce this!

A & E Regier abelreg at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 29 11:50:49 PDT 2006

UKRAINIAN EYE EXAM
A Ukrainian immigrant goes to the Department of Motor Vehicles to
apply for a driver's license.

 He has to take an eye test. The clerk shows him a card
with the letters:

 C Z W I X N O S T A C Z

 "Can you read this?" the clerk asks.

 "Read it?" the immigrant replies, "I know the guy."

Fellow listers..while it is not my intent to set a precedent for posting jokes it just seemed so appropriate to share this with everyone struggling with the spelling and pronunciation of names and places we deal with in our research in eastern Europe. Maybe a good chuckle will ease the stress a bit!!??

Elaine