[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family names question - Daniel Becker

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 26 21:20:43 PDT 2006

Lexi,  When asking for records, ask for genealogical purposes - which give
more information.  Otherwise you will end up with an 'ordinary' certificate
with only verifying marriage or death date.

I also found a Wilhelm and family in Spencer, Lane, Oregon in 1920.  It
shows arrival in USA as 1910 and each being 45 years old.  If this is your
family,  I guess they probably said they were in the country 10 years and
the enumerator calculated to 1910..  Goes to show that dates and ages on the
Census records are not 100% reliable, but good clues are to be had.   It
also shows Auguste born in Germany,   Hhmm.  Son Wilhelm age 10 was born in
California = about 1910.

I tend to agree with Jerry, that the 1908 arrival of a Wilhelm Becker, may
by your Wilhelm, he is about 2 years younger than Carolina.

Another thought is that the two children shown born in Germany, may be
correct.  The family could have moved there, and Wilhelm went back to
Volhynia area for some reason, and then decided to head to the US.

Rose Ingram

From: Lexi,