[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Daniel Becker chain

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Aug 27 20:51:42 PDT 2006

Jerry is certainly correct in observing that "When at the Ellis Island site,
on the page with the extracted list of names (often extracted badly with
misspellings), ...".  My grandmother Pauline Stein and four children, Adolf,
Bertha, Alwine, and Rudolf arrived in 1912.  The extracted names read
Candice Stein, Adoff, Bertka, Alosince, and Rudolf.  At least the extractor
got the surname correct as well as the name Rudolf.

Dick Stein