[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] dialects

Ron Neuman ron at neuman.ca
Tue Feb 7 15:03:37 PST 2006

Verna - In my previous involvement with the AHSGR and in attending
various AHSGR conventions, I seem to recall that Dona
Reeves-Marquardt had an ongoing project for a number of years that
dealt with the topic of tracing your ancestors to villages in Germany
based on dialects.  I think that she required oral interviews in
German (based on a prescribed list of questions) with older family
members, and the tracing was based on quite a variety of linguistic
attributes.  She may also have made presentations at several
conventions on this topic.

I don't have an Email address for her, but I suspect that you could
contact her by means of
GR-GENEALOGY at LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU

If you have any success in contacting her, it would be interesting to
hear her thoughts.