[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Master pedigree database updated

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Sun Feb 26 09:10:01 PST 2006

The Master Pedigree Database on the SGGEE website (available to
members only) has just been updated and is available for viewing.

Gary Warner, the database creator and maintainer reports:

"The new update now includes a merge of SGGEE001r6 with the main
data.   The file before merging contained approximately 330,000
names.   During the merging process, approximately 19,000 names were
combined to reduce the number of names to about 319,000.   We then
added more than 28,000 names from new data submitted by members and
new research.    This database now has 341,560
names.    NOTE:  Because the new data is not yet merged with the main
database there are bound to still be many duplicate names."

I think we owe Gary a great debt of gratitude for the tremendous
amount of work he puts into this database.  We started with 0 names
at the founding of the Society in 1998 which means on average that
over 45,000 names per year are being added.  He obviously spends many
hours working on this project, a true and ongoing gift to all our members.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html