[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bartz and Juhnke from Germany

catramp at esu1.org catramp at esu1.org
Sat Jan 14 12:10:43 PST 2006

As you can tell that this couple came from Germany to Wisc. and on to Nebraska in the USA.  I don't know how to find records for them to find their families in Germany, now Poland.  I think that Hanna's parents were  Michael Juhnke and Maria R. Coske.

We also believe that Carl paid passage to the US for two nephews;  a Carl Jhunke and a Herman Zart.

I have been reading entries in the mailing list which are very interesting to me and if you can help me I would be thrilled. I don't know which port they came through, I don't know anything about where they came from so my information is pretty bare.

Carl and Hanna Juhnke Bartz
       Carl W. Bartz was born January 20, 1842 in Zitmin Schlawe Pommern Germany, and died June 10, 1918 in Crofton, Knox, NE resulting from a fall. He came to Wisconsin in America in 1869 where he worked as a gardner, we think  meeting Hanna while there.   He married Hanna Ernestine Fredricka Juhnke 1871.  She was born June 28, 1847 in Friedensdorf, Schlawe Pommern Germany, and died October 26, 1933 in Cedar Falls, Iowa where she is buried in the Western Home Cemetery there.
	They came to Knox County, Nebraska in 1870 where they worked as ranch hands on the Charles Mischke Ranch.  Later they homesteaded at Beaver Creek, in Cedar County, NE.