[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SGGEE website featured in magazine

Otto otto at schienke.com
Mon Jul 3 08:30:20 PDT 2006

Good morning Jerry and et alia-

Edison once stated that success is based on 1% inspiration and 99%
perspiration.
Most today prefer air-conditioning.

Analyzing his statement one becomes aware it is a shallow observation,
something much deeper is at play.
A persistent determination, a tenaciousness, driven by a deep-seated
passion.
A passion I refer to as "fire in the belly".

That passion is exhibited openly by a majority of our clansmen.
Refreshingly so.    http://www.sggee.org/
A well-designed website proves to be a powerful instrument
for global dissemination of the years of that effort and passion.
A passion displayed by so many,
though separated by political boundaries, and oceans.

"Pigmaei gigantum humeris impositi plusquam ipsi gigantes vident"
(Bernardus Camotenis-circa 1100 ce)
The Internet truly allows us 'dwarfs' to stand on the shoulders of
giants.
On their shoulders, we see farther than they ever could.

Enjoy the kudos, you earn them.
"Work and struggle... polish uniqueness."

On Jun 30, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Jerry Frank wrote:
> "Practical Web Design"
> - "Jerry has taken the great content he inherited and created a
> site that makes it a breeze to access. Special thanks are due to
> Gary Warner for creating the initial content.  Also thanks to Irene
> Kopetzke who patiently helped me to understand CSS basics and kept
> me on the straight and narrow regarding colour selection and other
> design issues.  Matt Warner of course helps greatly with the
> technical side of things, especially for the various search
> functions and we thank him for that.
. . .  Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of March 5, 2006
                         "Remove what isn't... What is remains."