[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigration from Canada to USA

Barbara Cooper bdaelick at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 08:59:27 PDT 2006

Hello,

I would just like to add to Jerry's response regarding the Odessa lists.  I can tell you from first hand experience that even knowing your ancestor was a German from Russia you may not find them on the list.  I knew the exact ship, port and date of arrival for my GG Grandparents but could not find them on the Odessa list - the ship was there and a short list of passengers but not my family.  When I was finally able to view the microfilm myself they were there as well as about 22 other Germans from Russia who were immigrating from the Volga.  I don't now if the problem was because Germany was listed as their country of birth or what.  So just be aware that just because they aren't on the Odessa lists doesn't mean they didn't arrive at a Canadian port.

Barbara Cooper