[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hilscher/Bessarabia

Carolyn Schott cgschott at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 10:10:52 PST 2006

Roger - a couple things that might help you with your Bessarabia research.
Try these websites:  http://www.grhs.org/bessarabia/html/rig.html (The
Bessarabian Regional Interest Group in the Germans from Russia Heritage
Society).  Also http://www.odessa3.org/collections.html where there are
indexes on line to a number of the Bessarabian church records.

Also - Arthur Flegel has recently published a book called "Extended
Relationships of the Kulm, Leipzig, Tarutino Communitites in Bessarabia,
Russia.  There are several pages of Hilschers and Huelschers there - too
much for me even to try to summarize here.  If you contact me one-on-one
with a specific ancestor, I can check if he's there for you.  Otherwise, I
think the book is available for purchase through North Dakota State
University GR Heritage Collection.

Also - I don't know the specific relationship, but my dad's cousin in Kulm,
ND is married to a Hilscher....so no doubt we're related at least by
marriage!

Carolyn Schott Consulting
cgschott at earthlink.net
206-362-0181