[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Port of Libau

William Tucholkw wjtucholke at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 15:07:28 PDT 2006

My grandfather Gustav Tucholke immigrated through Libau on May 4, 1914 arriving in New York on May 20, 1914.  He was born in Lublin and had a Russian passport stamped "Governor of Kurylandia" and signed by an office manager in behalf of the Vice-governor.  He had a difficult time leaving Russia as most of the borders were being closed prior to his arrival.  His passport expired on 22 June 1914.