[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] writing family history

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 19 11:57:19 PST 2006

At 10:40 AM 19/11/2006, Irene König wrote:
>rlyster at telusplanet.net schrieb am 19.11.2006
>16:41 Uhr: > > Lotsch = Litzmanstadt   or is it
>Lodz ?  (Spellings please) The name of the town
>is Łódź. It was Litzmannstadt between 1940
>and 1945. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodz irene

Irene's text got messed up because our mailing
list will not transmit special characters.

The fully correct spelling for Lodz is to
reproduce the Polish character L with a slash
through it.  The approximate sort of almost
pronunciation of it is something like "vwudge" but don't hold me to that.  :-)

If you want to show it correctly in your family
history book, you can do so by inserting it as a
special character in most word processors.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca