[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need help in translating English to German

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Fri Nov 24 11:41:38 PST 2006

 Gloria,

    Back when internet genealogy was still rather new, Arthur Teschler
 set up a translation service. It had a lot of traffic in past years,
 but has rather been forgotton now.

    You send a short text (up to about 40 lines), the subject should be
 connected with genealogy, to the address
 trans at genealogy.com

    Before your text put

 #ENG>GER
 if you want English turned to German,

 #GER>ENG
 for German to English. (Some other language pairs are also possible).

   The computer then sends it on to a volunteer human translator, who will
 probably do a much better job of the translation than any babelfish-style
 robot.

    Because it's a human, not a computer doing the translation, you might
 have to wait a little while for a response. Wait at least a week before
 sending a reminder, and if you do, please make it a polite one.

    You can see more about the service at
   http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~aeimhof/translat.htm

           Paul Rakow
           (one of the volunteer translators)