[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Diacritical Marks

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Wed Oct 18 08:16:08 PDT 2006

Hello  Earl Schultz,
hello fellow searchers,

I don´t know how it works with Windows 2000 and your probably installed
"Works" (is MS Outlook 2000 part of MS Works?), but having installed Windows
XP myself the shortest way using Outlook Express is:

a)  I klick on "Answer",
     - a new window opens -
b)  in the top-line I klick on "Format"
     - a pulldown menue opens -
c)  I klick on "character-set"
     - another menue opens to the right side -
d)  I klick on "more"
     - again a menue opens down left with all the options you have
installed -
e)  I klick on either "central european (iso)" or "central european
(windows)".

I now get displayed all German or Polish diacritical characters correctly.

As being a lazy person I saved a mail with those characters, to copy and
past these characters into a mail that I intend to send.
If I want to write letters with cyrillic characters, I setup -step e) -
characterset "Unicode (UTF-8)

Best wishes,

Reiner