[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] maps of volhynia made easier

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 22 17:47:24 PDT 2006

There are great maps of Volhynia online, but can be a real nuisance to use.
The 1:100,000 modern series in particular has been a problem since the maps
were removed from the Berkeley site. They are on sites in Russia and the
Czech Republic that are not what we would call user-friendly.

Technology to the rescue! I have set up a new grid page for the series. It
is on www.volhynia.com , and gets you directly into the 1:100,000 maps on
those European sites. You won't have to guess quite as much as before.

I have also set up a new grid page for the 1910-era 1:200,000 series that is
on a Hungarian site. Again, only the grid is on my site, www.volhynia.com .
The actual maps are still in Hungary, but the interface is better.

Hope this helps!

Dave Obee