[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] A Seminar in Poland?/Using 'Kartei Quassowski'

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at cox.net
Tue Oct 24 16:06:37 PDT 2006

A seminar in Poland would be an interesting experience for me also.  My
greatest area of
interest would be in the far northeast , however.  My grandfather Pessarra
and his two brothers came from the Masuren Lake Region, from the town of
Loetzen, East Prussia, now Gizycko, Poland.  Not in the area of interest for
most of the people on this particular mailing list.  But, I think it is a
good idea to have a seminar for the area of interest of this mailing list.

Just a comment on the Kartei Quassowski.  I have had portions of it sent to
me by Internet friends some time ago.  The excerpts did give me some
information about the location of many of my ancestors and relations in East
Prussia.  I had a difficult time in reading the excerpts because of the
German abbreviations that were used.  I have since received a copy of the
abbreviations, and need to return to all of the excerpts and translate them.

One of my questions would be if these short excerpts point toward the
location of more information.  Or, is this really the complete information
in the excerpt.  Here is a "for instance".
Pesarra vgl. Pessara

N., Fendrich i.d.Reinischen Komp.Musquet.Natangishen Kreises Pr.Defension
Werk 1655(St. Av. Kbg. E.. M. 83  c 3.Fach)

Lots of work to do for the coming winter months!

Joe Pessarra in Texas
Searching for Pessarra, Pesarra, Pessara, Pesara, Peshara.