[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 41, Issue 40

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:39:49 PDT 2006

Jerry...I have also forwarded the website
http://www.gostynin.pl/side.php?id=91 to my good friend, a Polish
transcriber. Will keep you posted.

This is of interest to me also as my long-lost cousin (from Cleveland, OH)'s
GGrandmother's BRec is from the Gostynin Lutheran Church, who's GGrandfather
happens to be my Grandmother's brother...and interestingly, when I first met
up with my cousin, she had the BRec framed & hanging on her wall, knowing
that it was a document of great importance. By the experiences I've gained
from my own research, I immediately recognized it as a BRec in the Cyrillic
Russian language, and a Russian transcriber I knew transcribed it for her.
My cousin's GGrandmother, Marryanna nee Kannenberg Schmeltzer was born in
Karolewo, Gostynin, Warszawa, Poland, 15 Oct 1882, 7AM. This is so exciting!

Gilda inCalgary

Jerry Frank <FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca> wrote:
According to this:

http://www.gostynin.pl/side.php?id=91

it appears that the old Lutheran Church in Gostynin is being restored and an
addition is being constructed.

Can anyone with knowledge of Polish please provide a brief summary of the
info on this page?

Thank you.

Jerry Frank

End of Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 41, Issue 40