[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Borma Surname

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at cox.net
Thu Sep 7 20:07:40 PDT 2006

We would appreciate any information concerning the surname of Borma.  Specifically, we are searching for the previous home of a Borma family who lived in Texas.  Matey Borma with wife Theresa, and children John, Celestina, and James, arriving in the USA in 1896.  We have no immigration data, but US census shows them to be of Polish/Russian origin.   Any idea also of whether the name Matey could also be equivalent to Mateusz.  Thanks for any help.

Joe in Texas