[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Records Discovery

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 12 06:10:16 PDT 2006

                 Bug Hollender settlement at Neudorf / Neubrow

May include the Gluscha settlements area of Volhynia and parts of
Lublin Parish in Russian Poland

The Bug Hollenders settled on the east side of the Bug River.  This
was one of the earliest known German settlements in the region where
SGGEE focuses its research, having occurred in the 1600s when the
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was still in existence.  It was in
Volhynia because it was on the east side of the Bug but was served
from the larger town of Wlodawa on the west side.

In later years, most of Russian Poland and Volhynia was served by the
Ewangelische Augsburgische Kirche (Evangelical Augsburg - Lutheran
Church) from Consistory offices in Warsaw and St. Petersburg.  The
Bug Hollender however were served by the Ewangelische Reformierte
Kirche (Evangelical Reformed Church) with headquarters in Kurland.

We have known for some time about some Confirmation records of the
Reformed Church covering the years 1884-1932 in the Russian language.

Film #1924220 Item 3

Additional records were recently reported on the German language
Wolynien Forum, also all in Russian:

1894 b/m/d   -    #2102135 Item 11
1897-1898, 1900-1901, 1904, 1907-1908 b/m/d   -   #2102135 Items 13 - 18
1911, 1913-1914 b/m/d   -   #1794307 Item 1
1913 b/m/d   -   #1794307 Item 2

With some other clues from this posting, we discovered that the
following items were microfilmed in 2003 and made available last
year, all in the German language:

1790-1891 variety of b/m/d, confirmations, and Familienbuecher
(family books)   -   #2380039, 2380040, 2380041 and #904880, 904881, 904882

For a detailed breakdown of the above, go to
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp and do
a Place search for Moscice.

We have not investigated these films yet in detail but we have every
reason to believe that, in addition to Neudorf, these records will
include at least some info for the Gluscha settlements of northern
Volhynia, perhaps as far south as Wladimir Wolhynsk and some German
settlements in the Lublin region of Russian Poland.

We will add this information to our web pages within a few days.  If
any of you readers order in any of these films, please report back to
us with your findings, especially with respect to the coverage area.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca