[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New genealogical society for Brandenburg

Gerhard Koenig Gerhard.Koenig at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 07:08:42 PDT 2006

Genealogical association of Brandenburg founded

The genealogical association of Brandenburg "Roter Adler e.V." (BGG) was
founded in Potsdam on the 29th of June 2006. After the phase of preparation and founding, registration at the local court and confirmation of the public utility by the tax office, we are now starting with the skilled work.

The field of research of the BGG is orientated at the borders of the Mark
Brandenburg in the beginning 19th century. For formerly bordering regions
around Brandenburg, such as Altmark, Neumark, we intend to collaborate with other institutes/associations, who count those regions to their work of research.

To account for the regional differences we establish working parties (AK) / research groups (FG) for the separate sections of Brandenburg. These are
orientated at the existing landscape, such as the Prignitz, Uckermark,
Mittelmark, Neumark and the Niederlausitz. A further, smaller partition, such as Ruppin, Havelland, Oderbruch etc. is possible.

A good working research center for the Neumark is already exisiting at the
consortium of the eastgerman genetic family research e.V. (AGoFF). We don't intend to start our own AK or FG for this area, but look for a close
collaboration with the research center Neumark at the AGoFF. Further the BBG aims for a close cooperation with the association for computer-genealogy and the consortium of the genealogical organisations as well as all institutions, who refer to the research area of the BBG.

At present we prepare the publishing of cyclic membernews "Brandenburgische Genalogische Nachrichten" as well as a yearbook (starting in 2007 - at the moment still without a title). These publications are open to the members and AK/FG to presentate their results of the latest research.

The association presently counts 31 members.

For further questions, please, contact us online under www.bggroteradler.de or by post:

Brandenburgische Genealogische Gesellschaft
Roter Adler e.V.
PSF 60 03 13
14403 Potsdam

In case of postal requests, please enclose return postage.

E-Mail: Vs at bggroteradler.de
Homepage: www.bggroteradler.de
Finanzamt Potsdam-Stadt, Steuer - Nr. 046/142/109002 Amtsgericht Potsdam,
Vereinsregister - Nr.  VR 6801 P