[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Draeger/Dreger in Krzepszew, Kutno Parish

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Fri Sep 15 09:17:20 PDT 2006

Delores:
    I can't answer any of your Dreger family questions at Mossbank/Rosenfeld but here is some info on the Pokrant/Dreger relationship in Rosenfeld.

Albert Pokrant married Emma Barber Dreger - 16 Nov 1928 at Morris MB
Gustav Pokrant married Vera Ottilie Dreger - 7 Sep 1934 at Morris MB
Carl Leo Pokrant married Elsie Dreger - also 7 Sep 1934 at Morris MB
Louis Pokrant married Bertha Dreger - 17 Sep 1938 at Morris MB.

   John Marsch

  I have resently been re-reading some information and found the following in
  the letter.  This letter was in regards to Augusta Dreger Schmidtke.

  "Her parents were married in Przedecz in 1853 R18: 'Ludwig Dreger, age 18
  (R73 - 1834) born and living in Augustopol, son of Martin Dreger and
  Karoline Freigang, married Wilhelmine Krebs, age 20, born Studzien and
  living in Augustopol, daughter of Wilhelm Krebs and Emilie Springer.'
  Sometime after their marriage they lived in Krzepszew, Kutno Parish where
  two children were baptised, 1. 1858 R41 Wilhelm Dreger and 2. 1861 R41 Adolf
  Dreger.  I presume they then moved to Volhynia where Augusta was then born.
  I also note that Augusta died in Morris, Man.  I take it that she was
  related to the four Dreger sisters who married four Pokrant brothers at
  Rosenfeld, Man.  These Dregers again were related to the Dregers at
  Mossbank, Sask."

  This would be my family line as the Adolf Dreger is my great grandfather.
  If anyone has a clue as to what the R numbers stand for would be helpful.
  While I have Draegers/Dregers on both sides of my maternal line, the Dregers
  at Mossbank are from my grandfathers side, while the Adolf Dregers as
  mentioned above are from my grandmothers side, and to date have found no
  relationship between the two.  Am also curious as to the relationship with
  the Pokrants at Rosenfeld.

  Any assistance greatly appreciated.
  Thank you
  Delores Maduke