[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dreger Mysteries

Karl Lenz k.j.lenz at sasktel.net
Tue Sep 19 10:06:48 PDT 2006

Hi Delores,

The Yellow Grass Dreger family belongs to a Dreger Family that first settled
to the Lemberg/Neudorf area of Saskatchewan and then all but Wilhelm moved
to Lang, Saskatchewan.  The family is listed as follows in the Lang History
Book (Lang Syne):

Johann Dreger (*1847), m. to Julianna Pidt (Ped) (* 1852) - to Canada in May
1899
> Children:
>> Wilhelm Dreger (*1873), m. Otillia Weber (my Weber family)
>> Gottlieb Dreger (* 1875), m. Anna Schmidt
>> Florentine Dreger (*1877 Trubitz (Tregubicy?, Volhynia), Russia), m. August
>> Dreger (* 1877 Janufka, Poland) - the write-up notes that Florentine & August
>> were not related
>> Samuel Dreger (*1880), m. Amelia Jedel
>> Gustav Dreger (*1883), m. Ottilia Waldbauer (Yellow Grass Dregers)
>> Ludwig Dreger (* 1887), m. Florence Jedel
>> Julianna Dreger (*1891), m. Gustav Weber (my Weber family)
>> Emmaline Dreger (*1896), m. Rudolph Weber (my Weber family)
>>
>From what I can tell this Dreger family doesn¹t seem to be tied in with your
family.

Karl