Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "dörfer" and "höfen"

Eduardo chiquinhok at terra.com.br
Fri Apr 20 11:19:23 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if exists a WWW where I can find the little places/villages (names and history) in Germany.
The origin of my family is a place called Gribenhof (not necessary this spelling). As you know there is a lot of places names ending with "dorf" or "hof". For me is being very difficult to find this little places, particulary Gribenhof.
By the way, I got confused about the origin places/regions in Germany of the "Volhynien-germans" and the "Volga-germans". Has anyone this knowledge?
Thank you
Eduardo Kommers