[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village location

Royal Natzke rdnatzke at execpc.com
Thu Aug 30 13:03:04 PDT 2007

Dear Listers,
I have been searching for my grandfather, Martin Neumann's, birth place.He was born in 1860. Immigration papers list it as Kurmenz, Russia. I have found records for other ancestors in Petrikau (Piotrkow), Poland. Also found a map with Piotrkow and the village of Kurnendz. It appears that  Kurnendz is just southeast of Piotrkow and Sulejow on the Pilica River. The map is from 1880. Could this be the place I'm seeking?
I understand there are archives in Piotrkow. Would Lutheran records be there or possibly in the Warsaw Archives? We will be traveling to that area the middle of Sept. Is there a Polish name for the village of Kurnendz? Any suggestions on visiting these archives to look for records would be greatly appreciated.
Dorothy Natzke