[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Christmas customs of Volhynians?

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 09:46:20 PST 2007

It is the holiday season and thought it could be interesting if some on  this
listserv could share their family customs that could have originated in
Volhynia.  I have often wondered if some who had their German origins of  course,
but did some customs come to our families from Poland as well as  Volhynia
itself?  I have seen many written up for our Volga GR's (which  helped me put
some substance to my Volga grandparents history) but have not any  clue if my
husband's parents had some different customs because they were born  in Volhynia
but whose grand parents had been in Poland before arriving in  Volhynia.  Are
any of you interested in sharing?  Would love to hear  it.

Virginia Less
Researcher for Bergstraesser/Vogel & Less/Fischer (husband's Volhynian
ancestral lines)
and for Glantz/Yost & Krahmer/Fradrich (my Volga and German ancestral  lines)