[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Christmas Customs of Volhynians

Bill Fife wmfife at telus.net
Thu Dec 6 11:49:14 PST 2007

Greg,

We also had strings of popcorn.  Our popcorn was popped over an open fire in
the fireplace.  The corn kernels were put in a holder at the end of a long
stick.  The lid slid back so the kernels could be poured in.  It was made of
screen, like that used on a screen door.  You would put it over the fire and
keep shaking is so it would not burn.

Some old memories are coming back as a result of these stories.

Bill