[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Szczepanski?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 2 13:44:12 PST 2007

Guenter already provided a good answer and that information has been confirmed through my posting on a Polish genealogy forum.

However, I am a bit concerned about direct equivalency because of the ..ski at the end.  There is no doubt that the roots of the two surnames are equivalent but that ..ski makes me pause.

For example, Schmidt = Kowal but would Schmidt = Kowalski?

I guess I would say that it could be equivalent but not necessarily that it must be equivalent.

Jerry