[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surnames from Galicia

Chris Menke prussialives at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 19:13:18 PST 2007

Hello All,

  I think there are a few people on this list who research Galicia and Galician ancestry. I just got 2 generations further back on my great-grandmother's side (Wilhelmine Menke nee Schappert). This name was changed to SCHUPPERT after a few years in Canada.
  Anyone else researching these names and locations??? The villages were in far eastern Galicia near Ternopil:

  SCHAPPERT / SCHUPPERT / WEISS: From Konstantynowka, Galicia
  Johann Konrad Schappert (b. 1856)  m. to Phillipina nee Weiss (b. 1868), came to Gretna, Manitoba 1900. Active in Gretna Lutheran Church

  SCHAPPERT / KULLMANN: From Landestreu, Galicia
  Parents of Johann Konrad Schappert: Heinrich Schappert m. to Wilhelmine nee Kullmann

  WEISS / ERNST: From Engelsberg, Galicia
  Parents of Phillipina Schappert nee Weiss: Phillip Weiss m. to Maria Weiss nee Ernst

  Thanks!
  Chris Menke

Researching Menke / Manke, Brandt, Schappert / Schuppert, Knorr
  in Prussia, German-Poland, Russian-Poland, Volhynia, Galicia