[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Henkel Family

Carole rschlesselman at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 17:24:58 PST 2007

Searching for my grandfather's roots.  His name was Ludwig Henkel, born February 2, 1873 in Lublin, Poland.  His brothers were Christoph and Johann, sisters were Mina and Sofia.  Ludwig married Franceska Michalowich (spelling?)  Her parents were Johann Michalovich and Marie Tuczek)  I do not have a marriage date.  Two children, Carl (born August 15, 1901) and Marie (born July 30, 1906) were born perhaps in Volhynia, Russia before the family emigrated to Canada around 1908.  My father told me Mina and her family may have been sent to Siberia and that Christoph may have moved to France.  Any help you can give me will be truly appreciated.

Carole