[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Haak and Just families

Robin Grube robinquilter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:58:24 PST 2007

Thanks to all who have been sending me emails. It was suggested I write
again to the whole group about finding a birthplace. Karl Haak, wife Marie
Just, 3 month old child, and her parents and family, the Christian Justs
were passengers on the SS Oldenburg to Baltimore, arriving in May, 1892.
They list their homes or last residences as Snoroflas (that's what someone
transcribed it as) and Zigonika. I had heard that they had been living in
the Kiev area. The main piece of info I would love to have is the birthplace
of Karl- I think it was near Warsaw. Date of birth: Nov. 26,1863. Were
German names kept German in Poland? On the manifest, he was listed as Haack,
but that's only a minor difference. Thanks. Robin