[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] brandenburg emigration records

Del & Kathy Sperling dksperling at chase3000.com
Sat Feb 10 08:40:24 PST 2007

Mike,

    I have found these records from Ancestry.com but I am wondering if you could help explain what they mean?

Fenske, Johann 57 Eigentuemer Franzthal/Friedeberg Russland 1835    b. 1778?

 Fenske, geb. Becker, Catharina 40 Frau von Johann Franzthal/Friedeberg Russland 1835  (b about 1795?

 Fenske, Johann Kind von Johann Franzthal/Friedeberg Russland 1835

 Fenske, Wilhelmine Kind von Johann Franzthal/Friedeberg Russland 1835

I think this means Fenske, Johann age 57 Proprietor  (from) Franzthal/Friedeberg Kreise migrated in 1835 to Russia with his family.  Where would I look for birth/marriage records? And is Franzthal/Friedeberg one place or an area?  Thanks for any light you may be able to shed on this.  Thanks, Kathy