[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kaminski ethnicity

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Mon Feb 19 09:43:25 PST 2007

Gary Warner schrieb:

>I knew if I waited long enough to reply that
>someone else would provide the answer.  Günther
>seems to have done that by noting that there is an Itter river.
>
>So, unless Itter is also an object or a
>profession of some kind, which I could not
>discover, then probably there was no Polish
>equivalent of the Ittermann name.   That is not
>to say that there definitely was no name change,
>because my family surname morphed from Jaeger to
>Geiger and then back to Jaeger and then finally
>to Warner, and it had nothing to do with equivalency of names.

Nelson,
for narrowing down your search a bit more it would be interesting to
know if your ITTERMANN ancestors were catholic or evangelical. Supposing
the emigrant was like many others a linen weaver, I would join him to
the evangelical Gräfrath and Solingen tribe since there were lots of
weavers in the neighboring villages and towns along the Wupper and Itter
river. But there is still another catholic ITTERMANN source in Hildfeld
and Grönebach near Winterberg, Westphalia.

Günther