[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA testing for genealogical roots

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Feb 25 15:12:51 PST 2007

Evening Marcia,
Could you expand on the word 'deep'. Which of the following tests do
you consider deep?
One popular DNA lab., Family Tree, (the one you mentioned) offers 12
markers, 37 markers, and 67 markers testing.

I am assuming you are discussing the Y-DNA markers testing for males
and not the mtDNA testing for females?
Or am I incorrect, is the test a mtDNA of your mitochondrial lineage?
Did you use the dual test of Y & mt?

On Feb 25, 2007, at 5:10 PM, Marcia Momose wrote:

> Has anyone been Y-DNA tested for Haplogroup to determine deep origins?

. . .   Otto

             " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 28, 2007