[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Grams in Poland RE Villages

Penelope Deib copperp at telusplanet.net
Mon Feb 26 07:53:21 PST 2007

Thank you for the helpful responses to my questions as to location  of
Sobotka and Szczepanow. I am trying to track the movements of our Grams
family when they lived in Poland...according to research done by Ewald
Wuschke the Andreas Grams family lived in Gramsdorf (Bukowiec), then
Sobotka, Nowa Wies, then Szczepanow.  Andreas' son Matin Grams married in
Szczepanow, his son August 'Wilhelm' Grams (our grt grandfather) moved with
the family to Volhynia where he married Pauline Arndt in Zhitomir Parish in
1866.  In the Odessa Library files and the SGGEE files their children are
listed as being born in Tuczyn,Tutschin, Shitomir, Kamenka, Kutazowka, and
Rovno...all in Volhynia?? I have found conflicting birthdates and birth
places for many of the sixteen children between the two files which is very
confusing.  Family story is that the Grams operated a woolen mill in the
Rovno area and according to one of Wilhelm's daughter's birth record, it
says her father was a Tuchmachermeister...master cloth maker. I had found
information that said "Rivne, formarly known as Rovno, is this correct?
Again, many thanks,
Penny in Alberta