[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Malowana

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 26 17:30:53 PST 2007

Jack,

Maps that I have show the place as either Malowana or Kol.
Malewanka.  There is no Wola shown.  There is however a Wygoda just a
few steps literally NW of Malowana.  The village is about 11 km SE of Luck.

Wola is a term that describes a form of village government - the
Polish equivalent of a Holendry.  Whether or not this applied here or
not I do not know.

Based on the St. Petersburg extractions, it seems that some of these
men that travelled together may have been related.

Georg Baber is the son of Heinrich B. and Phillipinne Ring.  They
were living in Lipiany (this is almost certainly actually Liplany,
about 6 km NW of Luck) when he was born.

Also living at Lipiany were a Johann Philip Ring and his wife
Marianna Schindler (good chance this should be Schindel)

There was also at least one Schindel family in Lipiany, Heinrich S.
and wife Katherina Schmidt.

Not sure how they hooked up with Golinger as that family lived quite
a distance away at Lidowka, near Nowograd Wolhynsk.

Could not find any Baker references of value except that one child of
Heinrich Baber above is listed as a Baker because of a
misinterpretation by the extractor.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca