[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt, Walters and Tesmann

g.ruppert at att.net g.ruppert at att.net
Mon Jan 1 11:41:48 PST 2007

Thanks to Jerry, Greg, Roger and Al for their responses and suggestions and lookups!

Jerry, you're absolutely correct about your assumption that August may have been traveling back and forth and furthermore that Lubraniec may be a red herring. I've considered those possibilities, but these are the clues I have to work with.

As far as the usual sources, I've looked at death records, children baptisms (born here in the US), obituaries, cemetery records, death notices and censuses. At best, "Ruspolen" is the closest I get to a birthplace. A distant cousin, now deceased thought the town name (in German) began with Rosen ... The family was protestant. They were known to speak German but knew Russian and Polish as well. By the way, naturalization records in Baltimore City from that time frame (in federal courts) have been destroyed. Only the index survives and that does not provide a location of birth.

I have been successful in tracking all my other German ancestors and will persist in this case. The combination of common surnames and few clues is a tough one.

THANKs

Gary
Baltimore
http://home.att.net/~g.ruppert