[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Haupt / Pedde

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 18:08:34 PST 2007

Hello Al,

Thanks for the additional spelling of Pedde.  I had started a list of various
spellings, but you added a couple of new ones.

I have run across a listing in the EWZ files for Gottfried Haupt born in 1846
and his wife Julianne Pede.  They are listed as the parents of Amanda Haupt
Nickel and one brother, Heinrich Haupt.  Her father, Gottfried, is shown to be
born in Grojetz.  I'll admit the name Julianne had me intriqued and perhaps I
have been dancing around this record simple because I was looking for a
Wilhelmine Pedde/Pede but, if the records were transcribed correctly, Julianne
cannot be Wilhelmine because they each had a child in the fall of 1875.
Nonetheless, if you can make a connection or have any other records to check out, I
would appreciate it.  There is a large collection of Haupts in the Kosjak records
but have found no Gottfried as yet.  The Kosjak Haupts are the family of
Ursula Bachman of  Canada.  I believe the Kazmirka Haupts are the family of Adolf
Voihsel of Germany.  Do we fit into one or both of these families, I don't know.

Here is what I currently have on these people:

Gottfried Haupt b. April 30, 1845 in Grojetz & Julianne Pede b. Dec. 24, 1944
in Grojetz

Children:  Heinrich Haupt b. Oct. 17, 1875 in Glueckstahl (Bubny)
               Amanda Haupt b. March 9, 1879 in Glueckstahl (Bubny)

Gottfried Haupt b.  Unknown  &  Wilhelmine Pedde b.  Unknown   m. Abt. 1872

Children:  1. Emma Haupt b. Jan. 01, 1873 in Gottliebsdorf aka Bogolubowka
                     m. Hermann Hapke  b. May 11, 1873 in Hohenkirche, Gau
West Prussia +June 23, 1893 in
                     Gottliebsdorf
               2. Bertha Haupt b. Nov. 02, 1875 in Gottliebsdorf aka
Bogolubowka Volhynia
         *     3. Christian Haupt b. Mar. 26, 1877 in Gottliebsdorf aka
Bogolubowka Volhynia (My Great Grand-                   father)
                      m. Wilhelmine Minchau, Mincho, Moench, Muncheu b. Nov.
12, 1873 Gluckstahl/Baranowka
                      Volhynia about 1890.
               4. Emilie Haupt b. April 12, 1882 in Gottliebsdorf aka
Bogolubowka Volhynia
               5. Gottfried Haupt b. Mar. 26, 1885 in Gottliebsdorf aka
Bogolubowka Volhynia
               6. August Haupt b. Unknown

Family of Christian Haupt and Wilhelmine Minchau
               1.  Edward Christian Haupt b. Sept. 30, 1891 in
Glueckstal/Bubny  (My grandfather)
               2.  Bernhard Haupt b. Mar. 1893
               3.  Olga Haupt b. Abt. 1906 in Glueckstal/Bubny
               4.  Ottomar Haupt b. July 05, 1907 in Glueckstal/Bubny
               5.  Reinhold Haupt b. Oct. 18, 1909 in Glueckstal/Bubny
               6.  Elsa Haupt b. 1912 in Glueckstal/Bubny
               7.  Ewald Haupt b. Nov. 19, 1913 in Glueckstal/Bubny d. Nov.
1914 in Glueckstal/Bubno