[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Footnote and National Archives data

Sue Eipert seipert2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:16:03 PST 2007

Hello,

See
http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2007/01/national_archiv.html
for information about the launch of some federal archive data on
Footnote (www.footnote.com/nara)

One of the sections of data on Footnote is FBI records from the early
1900's, including an 'old German file'. I was going to describe for you
more about what was on the site, but the link has just stopped working.
Maybe they're overloaded because of the publicity. What I did look at
was interesting - and could provide clues for the location of various of
our immigrant families. The records I looked at were short FBI reports
saying things like "such and such spoke out against the war (with the
statements listed) and bears watching." There was one about a woman who
liked to sit around and talk to people!

You can do a search for free to see what is there, but you need to
subscribe to see the images. I signed up for the $9.99 monthly
subscription.

Sue Eipert
seipert2 at eipertinfo.com