[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stebner name

Linda K Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Sun Jan 14 08:02:03 PST 2007

Kersten, I believe your family is my Stebner family.  I believe that the confirmation of my grandfather Theodor Bloch in Dermanka, would have been recorded in the Roschiche parish.   Perhaps someone on the board can confirm that.
This is what I have. Emelia Stebner married my great grandfather August Bloch about ??1889, because their  first child, my grandfather Theodor, was born in 1891.  My grandfather had a half sister, (Emelia Stebner's daughter) Emma.   Emma married a Timm in Alberta , Canada.   I think Emma's name was Stebner , which would mean that my great grandmother's first marriage was to a Stebner. ( however I'm not absolutely certain about what Emma's last name was)
you said"
Her name was Emilie Stebner daughter of Michail Stebner and Karoline. Emilie was born 17.8. 1888."

I wonder if Michail was not a brother, or perhaps cousin, to either my great grandmother or to her first husband.

Amelia Stebner and August Bloch remained In Volhynia when my grandfather,  his half sister Emma and his other brother and sisters immigrated to Canada in 1912.
I have not been doing much research in the last few years, but seeing the Stebner name has motivated me to get back into it. I will try to submit my pedigree file, as Gary suggested .