[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Koss and Pipyat marshes settlements

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 14 08:39:38 PST 2007

Linda,

Since you haven't been actively researching for a few years, I wonder
if you have noted the new records now available for Neudorf on the
Bug - see http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInVolhyniaKievPodolia

Although these are Reformed Church records, we have reason to believe
that the Pastor there served, in some way, the Gluscha and other
settlements in the Pripyat marshes region of northern Volhynia.  So
far, no one that I know of has reported on these records and their
possible value for researching in western and northern Volhynia.  You
may also note that new Lutheran Rozysczcze  records have been made
available in the last couple of years that might help you.

If you do look at the Neudorf records for clues about your Koss line,
could you also browse through generally to see if there are
references to Volhynian locations?  Neudorf, by the way, was on the
Bug River and it would have been more convenient to travel from there
to Gluscha than from Rozysczcze.

Thanks.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca