[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] adoption

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 23 11:02:06 PST 2007

Kristen:
    Have you checked out the EWZ indices on http://www.odessa3.org/collections/war/ewz/link/ewzms122.txt

John Marsch

--------------------------------------

  I have 2 requests with which I hope someone may help.
  1. In my research 'travels' I have come across a relative, Adeline Burau, who according to family, was adopted.  She was born in Marianowka 17.4.1919.
  So my questions are: Were adoptions a commonplace event back then?  Were adoptions more likely to be of family members who had lost parents as opposed to those who were not related? What else was there to know about the adoption process then?
  2. I have found record of her in the EWZ.  So now I am looking for a couple of documents.  Is there anyone out there who may have access to EWZ50-A090 0126 and EWZ58-H036 2666?  The individuals listed are Adeline, Alexander, and Waldemar Burau.

  Thanks.

  Kristen FEIFERT Clark

  Researching: (P)FEIF(F)ERT, STIEBNER, POLINSKE, BURAU