[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] adoption by relatives in 1919

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Thu Jan 25 09:26:26 PST 2007

My family history regarding adoptions indicates that the orphaned
child was adopted by a close relative - like aunt or uncle - that was
childless.  This was after the migration to North America.

Of course, childless couples were relatively rare in the late 1800s
and early 1900s, so maybe the family with the least children would
have been the most likely to adopt the orphan.  Godparents might be a
possibility also.  Have you seen the christening record?

Nancy