[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] civil records In Piotrkow

Linda K Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Sat Jan 27 16:14:17 PST 2007

Several people have  been interested in the records I have gotten from Piotrkow.   I posted about it 5 years ago when I got my first records, but I will mention it again because there seems to be some new interest.
5 years ago I wrote asking for church records, not realizing there were none available for the time period I was interested in. What they did have were civil records. I believe  they are census records.
I received 14 pages 2  in Polish and 12 in Cyrillic.
The column headings were
house number, Surname of male, Female name, Name of parents and Maiden name, Birthdate, Place of birth, Marital status, Social status, Religion, Economic support, Previous address,and Remarks.
 Under remarks there were some dates of death and military service dates.   The earliest birth mentioned in these record was 1838  in Meszcze , Piotrkow and the last  two  birth entries were in 1901 and  1903 and those birth were listed as occurring in Volhynia .
 In my case there was a lot of new information in these records .