[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schillemore

Louise Arruda larruda at rogers.com
Mon Jan 29 10:18:38 PST 2007

Hello

I am new to this list. However, it appears that my family name- Schillemore-
is connected to Russia and Germany. However, I have only been able to verify
information about our history in England, Canada and some USA. Additionally,
an Ellis Island passenger list indicates a Lube Schillimore and her children
as Russian Jews on their way to Baltimore where he spouse, Michael
Schillimore had already established residence.

There are today some Schillemore names in Germany. However, I am at a loss
to connect them. Our name is quite unusual. I suspect that our family may
have come from the Jewish tribe Schillem, and came to Germany and then
Russia via the Crimea.

So far, I have not been able to find and information to verify or disprove
my hypothesis.

Many Thanks

Louise