[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] House numbers still on homes in Poland

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 18:02:23 PST 2007

When I visited Poland in 2005, I saw house numbers on homes in the
former West Prussia, in the area southeast of Gdansk (Former
Danzig).  Some of the homes were quite old, probably built in 1800s.

The house numbers recorded from the church records may make it
possible to find the former residence of an ancestral family.  If the
house number is included in the record, I'd recommend extracting it.

Nancy