[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Canadian/U.S. Immigration Records

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 30 14:32:51 PST 2007

Iris,

The Canadian passenger lists are at http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/passenger/index-e.html

Note that Montreal arrivals are the same as Quebec arrivals.

I do not see Giesler on the extractions.  However, the extractor often skipped over hard to read or faint entries.  The arrival date you provide IF ACCURATE suggests one of at least two possible ships.  One is the Montrose which clearly shows that a significant number of Russian Gemans was on board but the actual names are very difficult to read.  You might have more luck by ordering in the original microfilm via your FHC and trying to read it directly from there.

One disadvantage of the Canadian site is that the images cannot be enlarged like they can at the Ellis Island site.

Jerry